Digest for Week 41-2021



  • Ekster adds _source now as a field to the feed items. link
  • I made some improvements to the WebSub Hub. This should now actually expire old subscriptions. link
  • I'm trying to add the "_source" field to items in Ekster. At the moment it adds the information from the FeedHeader when it is available. link
  • I just pushed a nice improvement for ek. It allows you to use the name or uid of the channel in all commands. This makes working with it a lot easier. No need to remember random IDs. link
  • The coolest feature from Ekster that I forgot about was the new search integration.You can now search for items in your system in specific fields. An example would be a query for name:weekly. The part "name:" would find items with the word weekly appearing in the name. All supported JF2 properties could be looked for. link
  • I just noticed Home Assistant supports Indieauth to get access tokens. That's great! link
  • A few days ago I saw a video by Aaron Parecki talking about PKCE. It seems to be a useful improvement to OAuth and Indieauth.

    So today I added this to the weblog. It can now do the extra verification that happens, because of PKCE. It was pretty simple as you can add it as a few steps between the normal authentication. The structure itself stays very much the same. So this was the authorization server side of the protocol. Now I should add this to the clients that I created. link