The address bar at the bottom of the screen is a nice feature in Firefox for Android. It's the place where my thumbs already are.
I improved the mobile view of the reader. Now the channels will pop in when needed. It is a small change, but is a big improvement when using it on the phone.
Ekster happily created new channels with the same as existing channels. Now the channel name is unique and returns the current uid and name of that channel. It seems this currently isn't specified.

It does improve the scriptability of Ek. I can now follow feeds while creating the channel like this:

ek follow `ek channels Blogs`

The channels call will return the uid of the created channel or the uid of the existing channels when it already exists.
One use case for the draft feature is that an app creates a templated post with questions or gathered information.

This allows you to preview and edit this post and publish it at your leisure.
jq is a great tool for processing JSON files. One trick I use often is the following.

<input.json jq .

Because the query "." is at the end, you can iterate very fast on a solution.
Another thing I should support in Ekster is the mp-destination property. This could be used to send interesting articles directly to the wiki by creating a page from the micropub post.
Inspired by the feature in Hey where you can read your emails as a feed, I thought about how it would be possible to build this myself with off the shelf components.

One of the possibilities is to do this with Gmail and Zapier. With Zapier you can create a feed from every incoming email with a label. You could use the Promotions category. When you use the link to the email as the link of the item you can adjust the automatic filtering when it was wrong.

Another possibility would be using Ekster with an external service that receives emails, filters and forwards these to the micropub endpoint. You could gather all promotional emails that way in your microsub server and read them with your reader.
After a few months of not working on Indieweb related software, today I have added bookmarking from Ekster Reader. I wanted this for a long time but never came around to implementing it.

Together with the bookmark feature, I also added syndication targets. This allows you to select one or more syndication targets from your micropub software and are sent when posting.

This is very useful for me, because I want to syndicate my bookmarks to Pinboard.
Use "UTF8_STRING" to copy text to the Gdk.Clipboard.
A draft can be used to prepare a little post with image, or basic information pre added, or a journaling prompt.

Load more